Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holding it Together When You're Ready to Let Go

This week DCIN was saddened by the loss of a valued member of our team.  In rescue these things happen.  I left a rescue myself recently.  You get burned out, overwhelmed and you have to prioritize.  As I write this another special friend is starting to burn out and she is taking a break from rescue.  I hope a short break and when she's ready I hope even more that she takes time for herself each day.  Maybe some yoga or some tapping exercises a friend of mine in alternative healing has been teaching me.  Search "tapping exercise for stress" to see the tapping.


It's hard to let go at the end of the day, it's even harder to let go in the middle of the day, but sometimes you simply must take a breather.  Last night I had to run out and get cat food but I was afraid to leave my computer as there was a cat posted on our Facebook page that had only hours if we didn't pull something together.  Celine took over the case and I was able to breathe in and know that everything possible would be done now for this kitty.  Celine is new to diabetic cat rescue but she's going to be a powerful force and by the time I got home she had worked out a few days reprieve for this kitty.

Perhaps my New Year's Resolution should be to take my own advice. Breathe, relax and destress each day.  Know that I cannot rescue every kitty but if I take some time for myself I may not burn out too quickly and I can be here another day to rescue the next kitty.

1 comment: